Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 2004 04:57:23 -0600
From:      Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg@gmail.com>
To:        Thierry Lacoste <lacoste@univ-paris12.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD loader

> > > How can I configure the loader of FreeBSD 5.2 such that
> > > the default is loading the kernel with ACPI support.
> >
> > with ACPI is the default, is it not?
> >
> No. When I let the loader timeout, it does not load
> the acpi.ko module. This is the second choice.
>
> This is the way /boot/beastie.4th operates;
> at least for FreeBSD 5.2 installed from
> the freebsdmall CDs.

Huh, that's strange, I could have sworn it was on mine...but nevermind
that, on to a solution.  Ideally, all the acpi option does is load the
acpi module, so if you use /boot/loader.conf (man loader.conf) you
could use the load keyword and it should load it right up on boot.

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.