Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 13:31:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        James Howard <howardjp@wam.umd.edu>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Free VMWare and open BIOS!

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Brett Glass wrote:

> At 12:16 PM 5/19/99 -0400, James Howard wrote:
>
>  >And that is why you should at least email those people involved and show
> >them why this (more than most any other software project) should be using
> >a Berkeley license.
>
> I doubt that this would do much good at this point. The page makes very
> frequent mention of the fact that the project is being sponsored and
> supported by Red Hat.

I hope this won't stop you from emailing them.  You must have a form
letter by now, right?  Share it, and we can all voice our opinions on this
issue.  It's pretty easy, and I'm sure most people in -chat wouldn't mind
sending a polite letter explaining why a BSD license would serve them
better.

Charles