Date:      Sat, 18 May 2002 16:34:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        developers@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Development Status Report, February 2002 - April 2002

On Sat, 18 May 2002, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> * Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org> [020518 10:05] wrote:
> >
> > Attached, please find the status report covering activity from February
> > 2002 - April 2002.  This may also be found on the FreeBSD.org web page
> > (once the site rebuilds sometime today) at:
>
> [snip]
>
> Excellent report, it really shows that things are moving in a positive
> direction for the project.  Thanks for taking the time to do this.  Any
> chance this will be somehow put up on the FreeBSD.org website under
> newflash?

Thanks :-).  Yeah, it's actually quite an impressive set of activities,
and that's only the stuff where developers got around to submitting status
to me. :-)  We also have a highly active Sparc64 port that didn't submit
information, for example (although has in previous rounds).

In theory, I've committed the bits and pieces for it to turn up as a
newsflash, and it looks like the web site just rebuilt in the last hour
and now includes it (albeit it a little indirectly -- you have to click a
few times).  I'm not very good on the xml front, so it may be a little bit
of cleaning up behind me is required.  For example, it looks like I
botched some of the special character conversions -- we appear not to
support the symbolic names for &variousthings;, and the numeric version
mapping I used isn't quite right.  Anyhow, I encourage people to submit
contents for future reports also, it provides a lot more visibility into
what's going on, both for people who track development closely, and for
those who don't.