Date:      Thu, 01 Feb 1996 23:23:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <ANDRSN@HOOVER.STANFORD.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OS/2 Boot Manager, FreeBSD, & Win95

I've got the OS/2 boot manager and DOS/Win3.1 on a first SCSI hard drive,
with the boot manager able to select the DOS partition or OS/2 or
FreeBSD on the second SCSI hard drive.  This is working well.

I would like to repartition and reformat the DOS/WIN3.1 partition into
two primary partitions on the first drive and reinstall DOS/WIN3.1 and
Win95 into these partitions, but I don't want to lose the OS/2 boot
manager, especially the info it contains about what's on the second
hard drive.  If I do this, will I be able to get the OS/2 boot manager
back (with the OS/2 disks), and is there a way to back up the boot
manager so that if it's truly destroyed I can reinstall it?

This is not, I realize, the appropriate forum for WIN95/OS/2 boot
manager questions, but there seems to be considerable expertise here
on what Win95 does to boot managers--

Thanks

Annelise