Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 2000 01:36:16 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        ports@freshports.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   anyone want to learn XML / work on FreshPorts2?

I plan to parse the cvs-all messages into an XML log.  The first stage is
to create an XML template.  This template will be used by any source
tree which wishes to input data into FreshPorts2.  But for now, we'll
concentrate on cvs-all from FreeBSD.

If anyone is interested in giving this a go, we have two tasks:

1 - define the template.  This sounds pretty straight forward to me.
Take the fields in the log message, compare it to the data stored in the
database, and create the XML document template.

2 - take the cvs-all logs and parse them into the XML format.

Any takers?

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://www.freebsddiary.org/