Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 01:53:18 +0100
From:      Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>, Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Uptime ! (507 days and going)

Crist J. Clark writes:
> interrupt      total      rate
> clk0 irq0    1296951033       99
> rtc0 irq8    1660151845      128
> fdc0 irq6       60370        0
> wdc0 irq14   944831167       72
>
> Is it potentially harmful for these to go negative or roll over (not
> in vmstat(1) output, but the kernel registers it reads)? Maybe

	They're just counters.  Makes statistics more difficult, shouldn't
	be a problem otherwise...

	I don't know how this is handled in 3.x and -CURRENT.

--
[ In 1 days, 0 hours and 7 minutes, this line might fail Y2K compliance ]
y2k -- an occasion to remember how far we haven't come in the last 2000 years.