Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 1997 15:41:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Jim Barrett" <info@weny.com>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Mirrors

<<On Fri, 31 Oct 1997 17:26:20 -0500, "Jim Barrett" <info@weny.com> said:

> ftp 4, 5 and 6 are off-line completely. I'm getting DNS look-up failures on
> these three sites from 4 different ISP's.

There are no such hosts as ftp5 and ftp6, at least in version 97102200
of the FreeBSD.org zone.  Probably there should be... my machine
(freebsd.lcs.mit.edu aka cvsup3.freebsd.org aka xfree.lcs.mit.edu aka
xyz.lcs.mit.edu) was supposed to become ftp5 or ftp6 as I recall, but
this clearly has not happened.  You're welcome to use it, in any
event.

-GAWollman