Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2018 15:39:17 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, nimrodl@gmail.com
Cc:        truckman@freebsd.org, eric@vangyzen.net, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd@hda3.com, avg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ? (with sort of workaround)

yes, I too think its definitely a Ryzen isssue with FreeBSD - is there a
way you could try it (at least on the Desktop) with SMT off ? I havbe
the following options tunred off:

	SMT
	Glocal C states
	Cool-n-quiet
	Core boost

The last few obviously tweak processor clocks and thus dont surprise me
too much as a soource of instabuloty, but I am surprised that SMT causes
issues, as that should (I belive) simply present as two cores.