Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 22:03:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        obrien@NUXI.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: removing f2c from base distribution

Satoshi Asami wrote:
>  * Well, actually I did f2c as a port, and it does indeed fit
>  * inside the ports paradigm.  Please, see my original email in
>  * the thread.
>
> Yes, I know that.  I was just wondering why people would want it
> otherwise.

My original email provided an opportunity to revisit
the sendmail versus postfix controversy.  That is, some
software seems to fall short of support for inclusion in the
base distribution but it may be too important for ports.

Maybe the package system that I seen discussed will obviate
the controversy.

--
Steve

finger kargl@troutmask.apl.washington.edu