Date:      Tue, 18 May 2004 13:54:28 +0100
From:      Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup ports questions

I've been attempting to follow Dru Lavigne's excellent advice and clean up my
ports, but no matter how careful I am, I seem to get into circles sometimes.

Recently I found that

package openldap-client-2.0.27_1 was causing problems.

The port 'net/openldap20-client' was removed on 2004-05-03 because:
         "removed EOL version of OpenLDAP"

Attempted removal was blocked by
         gnome2-2.4.0
         gnomemeeting-0.98.5

Eventually I removed first gnome2-2.4.0, then gnomemeeting-0.98.5 after which
openldap could be removed (even though /usr/ports/net/openldap20 was long gone).

Now, however, I have to put these back by hand. This isn't too hard here, but
what happens if the chain is longer. Is there an easier root with portupgrade?

Another thing is, should I worry about duplicate index warnings?
--
Robin Becker