Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 2003 18:48:28 +0000
From:      Daniela <dgw@liwest.at>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with my terminal device files

I have with the konsole in KDE and with SSH.
I logged out from KDE and logged back in, and suddenly, when I try to open a
konsole, I get the following error:
Unable to open a suitable terminal device.

Fortunately, I have some shells open from my previously saved session. When I
try to open a konsole from one of these, I see the following:
Can't open a pseudo teletype.

Next I tried:
%ssh 127.0.0.1
Warning: no access to tty (Bad file descriptor).
Thus no job control in this shell.

I guess there's something wrong with my device files, but I didn't change
anything. Before logging out, the konsole worked (haven't tried SSH in the
last few days).
What's going on here? Please help.

Daniela