Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:24:32 -0600
From:      Peter <fbsdq@yahoo.com>
To:        vze2rz3p@mail.verizon.net, "vze2rz3p@verizon.net" <vze2rz3p@verizon.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:Unix Query

On 06/25/2001 3:14:31 PM, vze2rz3p@mail.verizon.net is quoted as saying:

. . . .|Hi,
. . . .|
. . . .|I'm a Unix virgin!  (Ha Ha)
. . . .|I want to learn this OS but don't have the foggiest idea about where to
. . . .|get it online.  Could you guys give me some answers to my questions?
	If you have no idea where to get it/what it is,
how did you find this mailing list?  [I'm always puzzled by this]

. . . .|1. How much does "free" BSD acutally cost?
	It's 100% free to download,
you can also buy cd from www.freebsdmall.com
[or www.cheapbytes.com [I think ] ]
. . . .|2. Where can I download it?
	www.freebsd.org for all the info.
. . . .|3. How long does it take to install?
	For newbies, with no prior Unix experience, and
clueless I'm gonna say about 1-2 hours.
. . . .|4. I have a Unix book put out by Sybex, how usefull is this publisher?
	No Idea.  Just read the handbook
www.freebsd.org/handbook
. . . .|Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
. . . .|
. . . .|Nathan :0)

www.nul.cjb.net
www.FreeBSD.org