Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:28:12 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Steve Warwick <ukla@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Oops! rc.conf mistake

On 2002-10-22 00:21, Steve Warwick <ukla@attbi.com> wrote:

> I wonder if anyone can tell me how to get out of this stupid mistake.
>
> I edited rc.conf to add a virtual interface and left a quote off the end
> (unterminated string) - now I cannot get past mounting root, so no editors.

Please read:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/admin.html#RCCONF-READONLY

If you still can't get past your problem, it is a problem of the
documentation and I would be grateful if you kept notes during the
recovery process and emailed your comments back to me or the
freebsd-doc@freebsd.org mailing list.

--
keramida@FreeBSD.org       FreeBSD: The Power to Serve
FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #14: Mon Oct 21 06:51:14 EEST 2002