Date:      Mon, 7 Nov 2005 07:08:29 -0600
From:      Michael Bowerman <michael.bowerman@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 6.0 Stable with 3dfx voodoo3

I'm not sure if this is a kernel issue or an Xorg issue. Maybe someone coul=
point me in the right direction.

I recently upgraded to FreeBSD 6.0 stable on one of my boxes. It was workin=
with Gnome on 5.4 perfectly fine. But, after the upgrade, it gives a black
screen, hangs, then reboots. I noticed that it says something about a kerne=
panic causing reboot.

I thought that maybe I screwed something up, since this was my first freebs=
upgrade. So, I reinstalled (and repartitioned) the whole OS from the cd. I
was able to reach the terminal just fine. But, as soon as I enabled Gnome,
It locked again and then rebooted. I'm pretty sure that the Xorg.conf file
is set up correctly.

I think the problem has something to do with the 3dfx card, because it's
been a big trouble for me (that's why it is on my test box).

Thanks in advance,
Mike