Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 14:35:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com
Subject:   Re: COBOL Language for FreeBSD

Josef Grosch writes

> On Tue, Jan 06, 1998 at 02:16:14PM +0000, Thierry CROS wrote:
> > Hello
> > I am a new user of Free BSD and I look for a Cobol Compiler. Is there
> > any one available for FreeBSD 2.2.2 ?
> > Thanks
> >

> Currently there is no COBOL compiler available for FreeBSD or Linux. The
> GNU people are pretty hostile to the idea and Microfocus dosen't even know
> we exist.
>

> Sorry
>
> Josef

 I've been considering doing something about this myself.    Does anyone
think there would be any interest in a COBOL product on FreeBSD/Linux?
If so, would you pay for it?  If you wouldn't pay for it, would you
contribute to the development in other ways (library development, testing,
etc...)?

	- Dave Rivers -