Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2001 21:41:20 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Stephen Hurd" <deuce@lordlegacy.org>, "Max Clements" <max.clements@swistgroup.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Socks 5

It means that if your a consultant then someone cannot pay you to download
it and install it on customer systems.  Also, you obviously cannot download
and sell it.

However, if you read the fine print of the license, it's interpretable to mean
that it's OK to use in the commercial or non-commercial organization that you
are a member or an employee of.  Basically, what NEC is saying is that if
there's any money to be made off this thing, they want to be the ones making
it. ;-)