Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:51:22 -0400
From:      Daniel Fisher <daniel.fisher@vt.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   random rebooting

Has anyone had any trouble with release 4.0 randomly rebooting.
I have a P233 that within the last month will restart itself for no apparent
reason.
My first guess was the power supply, so I replaced that, but it did not fix the
problem.
Before I go and replace the motherboard or my RAM, I thought I'd ask if anyone
had experienced any problems like this.
This machine acts as a gateway for my cable modem.
It has 1 3 gig hard drive, 2 ovislink ne2000 NICs, floppy drive, cdrom drive,
& ATI graphics card.
No SCSI at all.
I'm running a few services on it...like apache, samba, cvs, ntpd,
I also have dumpdev turned on, but i never see any core dumps when this occurs.

The system reports:
/kernel: real memory  = 100663296 (98304K bytes)
/kernel: avail memory = 94269440 (92060K bytes)
which looks normal for 1 64MB stick and 1 32MB stick.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions would be appreciated...

--
Daniel Fisher