Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 2002 01:18:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Fuzzy <fuzzy@pooh.ASARian.org>
To:        Duncan Anker <d.anker@au.darkbluesea.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What's wrong with this fstab?

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Duncan Anker wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to figure out a problem I'm having with mounting local disks.
> I have the following fstab:
>
> # See the fstab(5) manual page for important information on automatic mounts
> # of network filesystems before modifying this file.
> #
> # Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump
> Pass#
> /dev/aacd0s1b           none            swap    sw              0       0
> /dev/aacd0s1a           /               ufs     rw              1       1
> #/dev/aacd1s1f          /usr/local/mysql ufs    rw              2       2
> /dev/aacd0s1f           /tmp            ufs     rw              2       2
> /dev/aacd1s1e           /usr            ufs     rw              2       2
> /dev/aacd0s1e           /var            ufs     rw              2       2
> /dev/acd0c              /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
> proc                    /proc           procfs  rw              0       0

This appears to be mounting /usr/local/mysql before /usr is mounted. if
/usr/local/mysql is in /usr and /usr is not mounted, there is no mount
point to mount it to. I'd move the /usr/local/mysql line to after the /usr
line, so the /usr/local/mysql mount point is available for the mount.

--
Fuzzy                                                                _
fuzzy @ asarian.org                         - ASCII ribbon campaign ( )