Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:51:46 +0100 (CET)
From:      "P.U.Kruppa" <ulrich@pukruppa.net>
To:        Nima Tshering <nimatshering_bt@druknet.bt>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setting up transparent proxy/webcache server in bridge mode

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Nima Tshering wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Please kindly help me in setting up transparent proxy/webcache server in
> bridge mode using FREEBSD 6.1
Actually I have got one running, but I forgot to write down how I
did it.
If you are sort of patient we can do a step by step installation
(and hope someone helpful jumps in in case we get stuck). Thus we
don't have to take notes, but always can look up the mailing
list's archive :-)

0) I use squid.
1) What exactly do you mean by "bridge mode": Do you use two
    NICs?
2) Does your future proxy already work as a gateway?

Regards,

Peter Ulrich Kruppa
Wuppertal
Germany