Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 2003 08:58:21 -0500
From:      Lucas Holt <luke@foolishgames.com>
To:        Brett Gulla <bgulla@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk14+tomcat5 crashing box

> system:
> FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p11 FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p11 #1: Fri Nov 28 0
> 5:09:25 EST 2003     /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BSD1007  i386
>
> packages:
> apache-2.0.47
> mod_jk-apache2-1.2.2
> jakarta-tomcat-5.0.14
> jdk-1.4.2p5

What threading model did you use with the JDK?

Does the problem occur when starting other java software multiple times
that uses threads?

I'd also try a newer version of tomcat as they fixed a lot of bugs.  I
installed 5.0.16 the other day, and as I recall the change log wasn't
tiny.

My working setup:
apache 2.0.48
Tomcat 5.0.16
mod jk  (1) connector for 4.1.27 tomcat
jdk-1.4.2p5

FreeBSD 4.9 Stable cvsup'd about a week ago.

Note: I don't use ports for apache, tomcat, or mod jk

Lucas Holt
Luke@FoolishGames.com
FoolishGames.com  (Jewel Fan Site)
JustJournal.com (Free blogging)

'Re-implementing what I designed in 1979 is not interesting to me
personally. For kids who are 20 years younger than me, Linux is a great
way to cut your teeth. It's a cultural phenomenon and a business
phenomenon. Mac OS X is a rock-solid system that's beautifully
designed. I much prefer it to Linux.'
-- Bill Joy, Wired Article 2003