Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:56:03 -0400
From:      "David Robillard" <david.robillard@gmail.com>
To:        "Terry Sposato" <terry@sucked-in.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: VMWare Tools for FreeBSD

> Basically the only reason I have for using VM Tools is for the ability
> of Vmotion and such with our ESX Server farm. It's really the only
> benefit that the VM tools will give me on FreeBSD as all my virtual
> machines which are running FreeBSD are servers and don't use any GUI's
> either.
>
> Currently there is nothing that doesn't run correctly under VMWare and I
> have not seen any lack of performance or anything compared to a physical
> machine. Maybe if enough of us push to have the VMWare Tools developed
> and certified for use with VMWare that they might actually get started.
>
> I might develop some sort of E-Petition for it, what you think?

Why not? I'm in the exact same position as you are with ESX & FreeBSD.
Hence I'd love to have VMWare Tools developed and certified for use
with FreeBSD. Actually, I'd really like to see VMWare Server and
Player certified for FreeBSD i386 and amd64.

David
--
David Robillard
UNIX systems administrator & Oracle DBA