Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 1996 10:42:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bryan Ogawa at Work <bogawa@netvoyage.net>
To:        "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
Cc:        asami@forgery.CS.Berkeley.EDU, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: plan statically linked?

On Tue, 16 Apr 1996, Daniel M. Eischen wrote:

[...]

> I'll double-check the source to see if there's a way to get the
> daemon to die when you exit plan.  This would solve the problem of
> where to put the perl script.

Make this optional, at least!  Part of the purpose of pland, AFAICT (I
downloaded your static build yesterday--thank you!) is that it can hang
around (instead of plan itself) and run the alarms that you have scheduled
(it comes up with various garish dialog boxes that tell you when you have
appointments).  People may want to run the plan-killer (which I didn't
notice) out of their .logout (or their fvwm exit, or whatnot) so that it
won't try to run when you're not logged in.

bryan

> Thanks!
>
> Dan Eischen
> deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org