Date:      Fri, 06 Jun 1997 23:44:05 +0000
From:      Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@olinet.isf.kiev.ua>
To:        Matthew Gahan <mgahan@sentientnet.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: memory problem?

Matthew Gahan wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Got a strange and seemingly significant problem. Our os is only seeing
> 16mb when we have 32 installed.
>
> Its 2.2.1 release running on modern mother-board with a cyrix 166
> (133mz clock) and standard ram. It sees the cyrrix as a 486 but we
> assume this is normal.
>
> We would be very gratefull if you could help.
>
> Heres Hopeing
>
> Matthew Gahan
Hi Matthew
What's your config file? Does it contain
options         BOUNCE_BUFFERS
line? Or perhaps you should try to explicitly write your memory as
options         "MAXMEM=(32*1024)"
(or both - it shouldn't hurt but can help sometimes, see LINT file in
/usr/src/sys/i386/conf)
Hope this would help.	Vladimir