Date:      21 Oct 2002 13:35:59 +0200
From:      Linus Kendall <linus@angliaab.se>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PThreads problem

Hi,

I'm trying to port a heavily threaded application from Linux (Debian
FreeBSD (4.6-RELEASE). The program compiles successfully using gcc with
-pthreads. But, when I try to run the application I get the following
error after a while (after spawning 11 threads):

Fatal error 'siglongjmp()ing between thread contexts is undefined by
POSIX 1003.1' at line ? in file
/usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_jmp.c (errno = ?)
Abort trap - core dumped

It always crashes at the same point. Under Linux it works perfectly
fine.
I also tried to compile with linuxthreads only to get a segfault
directly when the program tries to spawn the first thread.

GCC version on Linux: 2.95.4 20011002
GCC version on FreeBSD: 2.95.3 20010315

GCC/G++ command-line: g++ -g -Wall -I. `curl-config --cflags`
-fsjlj-exceptions -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -pthread `curl-config
--libs`

/Linus