Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:30:09 -0600
From:      Dave Cantrell <phaedrus@alltel.net>
To:        Steven Lake <raiden@shell.core.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dialing up via PPP

On Tue November 19 2002 20:57, Steven Lake wrote:
> HI all.  Looking for a good tutorial for dialing up to the
> internet using Freebsd from the console.  I've looked around and found
> links for using Fbsd as a router and a firewall and whatnot.  All I wan=
> to do is just login to my ISP, fire up lynx and surf.  :)
>=20
> =09Anyone got a very simple tutorial somewhere that I can use as I've
> never worked with this before.  Many thanks.
>=20

Try this:=20
http://www.onlamp.com/lpt/a/254

or:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ppp-and-slip.ht=
ml

drc
--=20
Dave Cantrell=09=09| Contrary to popular belief, UNIX is User Friendly.
phaedrus@alltel.net=09| It's just choosy with whom it makes friends. =20
Lincoln, Nebraska, USA=09| And currently we have only a nodding acquainta=
nce.