Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 1998 22:30:12 +0200 (EET)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
To:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proposed addition to fetch(1)

Hi,

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Martin Cracauer wrote:

> I plan to add this to fetch, unless anyone objects.
>
>      -s          Ask server for size of file in bytes and print it to stdout.
>                  Do not actually fetch the file.

  Please do, mail/imap-uw, mail/pine4 & www/netscape45-communicator
already have SIZE() tags waiting to be used ! :-)

 [ Of course, this will need enabling appropiate code in bsd.port.mk, I
   believe Satoshi will get a notice from you when this will make it in
   the CVS tree... ]

  Thanks, I've been expecting this!
  Ady (@freebsd.ady.ro)