Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:25:19 -0800
From:      "Marc Russell" <marc@cowsinthemist.com>
To:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Gettext patch help?

I'm trying to compile gettext-0.12.1 on freebsd 5.1-release. I am having =
an
awful time. I've updated the port to the latest I could find, and make =
still
gives me this:

/usr/ports/devel/gettext # make
=3D=3D=3D>  Patching for gettext-0.12.1
=3D=3D=3D>  Applying FreeBSD patches for gettext-0.12.1
1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to Makefile.in.rej
>> Patch patch-Makefile.in failed to apply cleanly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gettext.

Here's the text of what was rejected and saved in Makefile.in.rej:

***************
*** 155,161 ****
  gettextsrc_DATA =3D ABOUT-NLS
  gettextsrc_SCRIPTS =3D config.rpath mkinstalldirs

- SUBDIRS =3D doc intl intl-java lib libuniname src po projects misc man =
m4
tests

  EXTRA_DIST =3D config.rpath BUGS DISCLAIM PACKAGING README.gemtext \
               djgpp/COPYING.DJ djgpp/Makefile.maint djgpp/README.DJ \
--- 155,161 ----
  gettextsrc_DATA =3D ABOUT-NLS
  gettextsrc_SCRIPTS =3D config.rpath mkinstalldirs

+ SUBDIRS =3D doc intl lib libuniname src po projects misc man m4 tests

  EXTRA_DIST =3D config.rpath BUGS DISCLAIM PACKAGING README.gemtext \
               djgpp/COPYING.DJ djgpp/Makefile.maint djgpp/README.DJ \

Does anyone have any advice? I need gettext in order to re-compile PHP =
(so I
can get support for the Mysql 4.1 libmysqlclient.so instead of
libmysqlclient.12.so), which requires bison, which requires gettext. . .

In all other respects, I am enjoying FreeBSD a LOT. It was a bear to =
install
(had to do it headless) but it makes me think, and unlike Linux distros, =
only have the software I actually want. I LOVE the ports system! It's =
just
not working right now. . .

Regards,
Marc