Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 14:57:18 -0500
From:      "Goeringer, Michael" <goeringerm@keywest.ird.rl.af.mil>
To:        "'Thomas David Rivers'" <rivers@dignus.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: COBOL Language for FreeBSD

----------
From:  Thomas David Rivers[SMTP:rivers@dignus.com]

> Currently there is no COBOL compiler available for FreeBSD or Linux.
The
> GNU people are pretty hostile to the idea and Microfocus dosen't even
know
> we exist.

 I've been considering doing something about this myself.    Does
anyone
think there would be any interest in a COBOL product on FreeBSD/Linux?
If so, would you pay for it?  If you wouldn't pay for it, would you
contribute to the development in other ways (library development,
testing,
etc...)?

Dave,

     Pay...to a degree(in the distant future)...contirbute to
development=yes :-)

Michael G.