Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 2008 21:51:09 +0100
From:      "Claus Guttesen" <kometen@gmail.com>
To:        "Nadir M. Aliyev" <naliyev@ultel.az>
Cc:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bug: smart array p400

> Hi. i have server HP Proliant DL380 G5 Storage Rack server. with 2x Intel
> Xeon 2.5 Ghz, 10 GB of RAM, 6 SAS (RAID5+ONLINE SPARE)and Smart Array P400
> with 256 mb memory. i installed 64 bit version and have a great problems:
>
> i can install FreeBSD64bit in normal mode. without bootmanager (64 bit cant
> loads with bootmanager :( )
>
> But i can not load/install system ACPI or safe mode.
>
> Sometimes its fault issues while server working and then rebooting
> automacily.
>
> This bug issues with freebsd 64bit 7.0 and 7.1 rc2.
>
> but i tried 32 bit freebsd 7.0 and i can load system with ACPI and normal
> mode.

Hmm, strange. I have both DL 360 and 380 G5's (and blade-servers) with
64, 256 and 512 MB ciss-controllers, either as webservers or as
db-server and all are working flawlessly with the amd64. The db-server
is running 7.0 release and the webservers are running a 7.1 beta-2
version.

How old is the server in question? Maby you need to update the bios?

--
regards
Claus

the gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare