Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 17:12:15 -0700
From:      "Hugh Clark" <clarkhu@agcs.com>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.2 fxp0 driver needed.

I've tried getting the next release of the fpx0 drivers from the CVS Repositories
that supported the 82557 (I finally looked at the card) chipset and then
recompiled the kernel.  I no longer get the PHY errors, but the card still will
not initialize.  ifconfig reports that the driver is up and running fine, but the
link lights on the card and on the hub still do not come on.  As a side note, the
DOS setup routines find the card and cause the link lights to come on and the card
to be visible on the network.  As for upgrading the OS, the platform (part
in-house and part from a partner company) we are running is setup for our
customers that way and can't be as easily changed.  That is an upgrade that is
planned for a later date.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,
  -Hugh

--

Hugh Clark