Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:27:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      FreeBSD Bob <fbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
To:        dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au (Doug Young)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help  CD not recognized on install of 3.3 ok on 3.2???

> It sounds like a common or garden variety CD drive. Win9x is plenty smart
> enough
> to detect anything unusual with that stuff anyway. Have you checked its
> configured
> as a slave NOT as a master ?? ..... as far as I'm aware FreeBSD won't work
> detect
> IDE CD drives configured as either primary master or secondary master
>
> > I have tried to install it, but I keep coming up with this No CD-ROM
> > device found error.

I am having the same problem.  FBSD 3.2 installed and read the atapi cdrom
correctly.  A test install of 3.3 and the atapi cdrom was gone, ``device
not configured'' error.

Anyone know what is happening?  Same machine, nothing changed.  Just
did a 3.3 install instead of a 3.2 install?

Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob