Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 00:55:36 -0400
From:      <freebsd-current@tcpipbitch.net>
To:        "Freebsd Current" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Offtopic, but hilarious

Okay, this was pointed out to me on linpeople irc network.  Basically if
your in the US, and you know who Jerry Fallwell is (spelling??), the
story is something you would expect from him.

http://members.truepath.com/objective/propaganda.html

I apologise in advance if I offended anyone with this, but its too funny
to pass up.

Heres a sample quote from said story.

<quote>
Apparently the Darwin OS is not the original creation of Apple Computers
but is instead based off of an older, obsolete OS called "BSD Unix". The
child-indoctrinatingly-cute cartoon mascot of this OS is a devil holding
a pitchfork (pictured above). This OS -- and its Darwin offspring --
extensively use what are called "daemons" (which is how Pagans write
"demon" -- they are notoriously poor spellers: magick, vampyre, etc.)
which is a program that hides in the background, doing things without
the user's notice. If you are using a new Macintosh running OS X then
you probably have these "daemons" on your computer, hardly something a
good Christian would want! This clearly illustrates that not only is
Macintosh based on Darwinism, but Darwinism is based on Satanism.
</quote>