Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2013 17:04:35 -0500
From:      Brad Keifenheim <Brad_Keifenheim@Dell.com>
To:        "freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org" <freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-java@freebsd.org" <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   usr/ports/java/eclipse-cdt

Hello,

I have installed the eclipse CDT port and have experienced some problems. U=
pon investigation, I believe a significant concern is with a mismatch betwe=
en the CDT plugin and eclipse versions. The eclipse port (a dependency of t=
he eclipse-cdt port) installs the Indigo release of eclipse. The eclipse-cd=
t port installs CDT 6.0.2, however, which is designed for eclipse Galileo (=
2 revisions older than Indigo). This configuration isn't valid.

Moreover, I have tried using the eclipse "Install new software..." option t=
o install the CDT plugin in both the Indigo and Juno versions (usr/ports/ja=
va/eclipse-devel). In both instances I'm still unable to debug my applicati=
on using "Attach to process..." (I'm assuming the patches in usr/ports/java=
/eclipse-cdt must still be necessary.)

Would it be possible to jump start an effort to update these ports?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Brad Keifenheim
Software Development Engineer
Dell | Compellent