Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:11:11 -0400
From:      Evan Brastow <ebrastow@automatedemblem.com>
To:        'Matt Curtin' <cmcurtin@interhack.net>, Joe Konecny <jkonecn@green-mfg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: internet monitoring

>> Monitoring is evil.<<

I don't mean to stray too far off topic here, but that was kind of a stark
statement that rubbed me the wrong way.

Why is it evil for an employer to monitor what their employees are doing
with computers that belong to the employer? In my opinion, it is wise for an
employer to protect themselves, both from things such as sexual harassment
and defamatory lawsuits, as well protecting themselves from employees
spending company time (read: money) on non-work related web sites.

Regards,

Evan