Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 20:30:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
To:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: another make world problem

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Andreas Klemm
had to walk into mine and say: >

> Ok, I removed /usr/include, did a make includes.
>
> /usr/include/tcl.h is missing. Copied it by hand.
>
> Next problem:
>
> cc -pipe -O -DYP   -c /usr/src/usr.bin/chkey/../newkey/update.c
> /usr/src/usr.bin/chkey/../newkey/update.c: In function `_openchild':
> /usr/src/usr.bin/chkey/../newkey/update.c:189: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> cc -pipe -O -DYP   -c /usr/src/usr.bin/chkey/../newkey/generic.c
> /usr/src/usr.bin/chkey/../newkey/generic.c:46: mp.h: No such file or directory
[chop]

> Let's have a look, where mp.h is located ...

It's supposed to be installed as part of the GNU libmp installation.
Being a GNU package, most of it lives in /usr/contrib. Building the
GNU mp library should install libmp, libgmp, mp.h and gmp.h. The
Secure RPC stuff needs libmp for its public/secret key support.

mp.h and gmp.h _don't_ get installed as part of make includes; they
get installed whenever libmp is built.

No, you may not start a big argument over libmp. We need it. We should
have had the real 4.4BSD one, but it was encumbered.

-Bill