Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 10:57:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      ADRIAN Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Virus Collector <vcollector@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ok......now what???

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Virus Collector wrote:

> I am wanting to install FreeBSD on my computer.
> When I go to ftp://ptp.freeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD what do I need to
> download?? There are a bunch of files in there. What are the essentials
> to the OS that I need to download??
> Please send reply to vcollector@hotmail.com
> Thanks.

	If you want the latest non-experimental release, cd into
2.2.6-RELEASE. Then grab INSTALL.TXT and ERRATA.TXT, then read them.  If
you can install over the network, just grab the boot.flp file from the
floppies subdirectory and then what ever tool you need in your particular
situation to make a bootable floppy from it.

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]