Date:      Tue, 07 Jul 2015 20:14:43 -0400
From:      Quartz <quartz@sneakertech.com>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Questions about freebsd-update

Have a couple odd situations I need to work around. I'm wondering if
anyone can help me answer the following questions about updating:

1) How do I get a list of available updates for a system WITHOUT
actually downloading anything or writing any files to disk?

2) How do I get freebsd-update to install only specific patches or
updates instead of everything?

3) How do I (or even can I) manually download patches onto a usb drive
and then install them onto a machine that has no internet connection?