Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:14:51 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Antuan Avdioukhine <antuan@eltex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dset in 3.1-RELEASE

Antuan Avdioukhine wrote:

> People, why dset is not working in 3.1-RELEASE? I have a funny trouble:
> using Yamaha OPL3SA PnP card I cannot (as I was in 2.2.8) use userconfig,
> or, to be clear, I have to invoke it every time I boot. Where can I write
> config for pnp I need?

Check out the ERRATA.TXT for 3.1 at http://www.freebsd.org. It's a
known problem with an easy workround.

Basically, if you save your settings after doing a ``boot -c'' the
changes are saved in /kernel.config but the boot loader doesn't look
there (it looks in a file in /boot, whose name escapes me).

You can use /kernel.config if you wich, just create a file
/boot/loader.rc and add the following:

	load /kernel
	load -t userconfig_script /kernel.config
	autoboot

I pretty sure the above is correct, I'm at work and doing it from
memory so check the ERRATA.TXT to confirm it.

HTH