Date:      8 Apr 2011 19:22:17 -0000
From:      Scott Ballantyne <sdb@ssr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SSHD Strangeness

I've never seen this before, but when ssh'ing to my server today, I
got:

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed

I was able to log in using my vendors KVM access, and didn't see
anything particularly odd. I hadn't changed anything. I restarted
sshd, but that didn't help.

The log files show hundreds of 'login failures' from the script
kiddies, but that is typical.

Trying again a couple of hours later, and I can ssh just fine. No
changes, nothing.

Has anyone seen this, or knows what is going on?

Thanks
Scott
--
sdb@ssr.com