Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:41:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Gerry Freymann <freymann@marlo.eagle.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   module updates (apache specifically)

I had FreeBSD 4.1.1 then cvsup's to 4.1.2-Beta with src and ports.

Afterwards, apache, mrtg and pine all have updates so I ran
pkg_version -cv to get the list of commands to update.

I've started with Apache which I had happily configured and running great
out of the bag (originally installed via /stand/sysinstall before the
cvsup)

did:
cd /usr/ports/www/apache13
make
pkg_delete -f apache-1.3.12
make install

This was to bring me up to Apache 1.3.14

Go to restart and I get errors about mod_env.so missing/not found.

Come to think about it, there's a few other things I'd like to load, like
mod_so, mod_speling and mod_rewrite. I also use php3 and mysql.

So I head back into /usr/ports/www/apache13/work/apache_1.3.14/src
I edit the Configuration file to add my other modules.
run ./Configure
make
cd ..
make install

Restart. Oops. Now the path to the config file has changed from
/usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf
/usr/local/etc/apache/conf/httpd.conf

Nice.

Ok, I'll go back and change the path to the configuration files and do it
again. Hopefully this is not going to break the integration of php3 as
well?

I was hoping the update would be painless of Apache. Did I do the update
completely wrong?

Feeling stooopid again,
me.