Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 15:05:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Derek Boonstra <derekb@teleport.com>
To:        "Eric L. Hinson" <erich@ip.org>
Cc:        brian@MediaCity.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ISDN Mlink PPP?

Eric (and others),

For the past month I have been trying to get 128k out of a BitsurferPro
connection to a Livingston with a 5 port BRI, and have only been
successful with 64k channel.  Brian Litzinger's suggestion does not
dial for me.  The addition of "%A2=95" actually makes the modem hang
until the power is flushed. (?)

I am using the Internal, ISA BitsurferPro with user ppp, FreeBSD
2.1.0-RELEASE. I can move to current if anyone feels that it would help.

After many confilicting conversations with Motorola ISG support I am
beginning to feel out of luck.  It seems that the ISA BitsurferPro needs
two IRQs and should act as two devices.  <odd> The default for the
COM is IRQ4 (COM1), but no-one at Motorola will confess to a default IRQ
for the programmed I/O.  In fact they tell me that it is all win95-plugNpray
without the DOS CARDSETUP utility executed from AUTOEXEC.BAT... (Is a
jumpered card too old fashioned?)

They do not support UNIX for the ISA Bitsurfer.

Right now, I think that if I could >>by an act of God<< get the second IRQ
programmed I may be able to use "mpd" to establish Multilink PPP.
(written by the most helpful Archie Cobbs @whistle.com).

So I must ask ...
	Were you using an ISA card?
	Did you get 128k?
	Perhaps I should get an external adapter and start again?

I'm awfully young for paling hair color.  Any thoughts would be greatly
honored.

      __            __    __
  ___/ /__ _______ / /__ / /                     503.232.9480
 / _  / =_) __/ =_)  '_// _ \             ----------------------
 \_._/\__/_/  \__/_/\_\/_.__/@teleport.com       503.227.7010

> Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 1996 12:48:32 -0700 (PDT)
> From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
> To:        erich@ip.org (Eric L. Hinson)
> Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Sender:    owner-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject:   Re: BitSurfr Pro --> Livingston 5-BRI at 128K?
>
> Eric L. Hinson wrote:
> > I am trying to establish a ~128k connection from a FreeBSD-stable
machine
> > running user process ppp with a BitSurfr Pro to a BRI port on a
Livingston