Date:      Mon, 6 May 1996 19:14:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Thede Loder <tlod@leverage.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Floppy Drive Woes

Hey all -

I have been unable to use my floppy drive to mount disks in FreeBSD.  This
goes for both the the 2.1 Release, and the most recent build of -stable,
which I picked up on friday.  When I issue a "mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt",
the following is logged to to syslog:

May  6 19:05:52 nikki /kernel: fd0: recal failed ST0
70<abnrml,seek_cmplt,equ_chck> cyl 0
May  6 19:05:52 nikki last message repeated 3 times
May  6 19:05:52 nikki /kernel: fd0c: hard error reading fsbn 0 (No status)

Note that the floppy drive never spins up.  I'm don't think there is
anything wrong with the drive itself, as I have had no trouble booting up
with the the FreeBSD install disk, nor booting with a DOS floppy.

Any ideas?

Thede

--
tlod@leverage.com