Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 2000 23:13:24 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Moving personal distfiles from Freefall to ftp.freebsd.org

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 08:01:00PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> In an attempt to reduce the load on the FreeBSD.org & cdrom.com T-1, we
> are moving all the distfiles from ~<user>/public_html to ftp.freebsd.org.
> Thus distfiles will no longer be fetchable from Freefall.

Once this has been setup, we will need to change all affected ports.  Of
course, I'm sure you've already gone through the ports and made the
necessary changes locally, and will commit as soon as the inital
distfiles are moved.  :-)

> My question is are people OK with the minning script using the name
> "public_distfiles" as the source for this, and are people OK with
> "/pub/FreeBSD/local-distfiles" being the name on ftp.freebsd.org?

I think it should be ~/public_html/distfiles, which is more common..

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>