Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:47:39 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        "Donald J . Maddox" <dmaddox@conterra.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (2) How to save "kernel -c" userconfig changes in 3.1-R? (missing  dset!)

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Donald J . Maddox wrote:

> Add a line to your /boot/boot.conf like this:
>
> load -t userconfig_script /boot/kernel.conf
>
> Then create a /boot/kernel.conf that contains the configuration
> commands you need.

Is the format of /boot/kernel.conf the same as /kernel.config in
2.2.8?

I currently use 2.2.8 and have the config commands necessary to setup
my modem and soundcard in /kernel.config and ``options
USERCONFIG_BOOT'' in my kernel so that it's not necessary to re-enter
all the settings with ``boot -c'' if I make a new kernel.

When I u/g to 3.1 (when the CDs arrive) can I just copy /kernel.config
to /boot/kernel.conf, edit the /boot/boot/conf as you describe and it
will work as it does now?

Thanks.