Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 00:33:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      deepika kakrania <deepika_77@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   mrouted 3.8(how to find multicast members??)

 Hi all,

  I am using mrouted (release 3.8) code on my system.
In the code I find that for non-member interfaces of a
multicast group, threshold TTL is set to 0.

Like this.

prun_add_ttls(gt)
    struct gtable *gt;
{
    struct uvif *v;
    vifi_t vifi;

    for (vifi = 0, v = uvifs; vifi < numvifs; ++vifi,
++v) {
        if (VIFM_ISSET(vifi, gt->gt_grpmems))
            gt->gt_ttls[vifi] = v->uv_threshold;
        else
            gt->gt_ttls[vifi] = 0;
    }
}

 But the definition of threshhold TTL says that a
incoming multicast packets will be forwarded out of an
interface only if it has the TTL value >= threshold
TTL of that interface. Am I right?

Then doesn't multicast packet get forwarded out of all
those interfaces which have TTL threshold of 0, which
actually are not members for that multicast group?

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks & regards,
Deepika