Date:      11 Dec 2000 19:03:21 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Safe string formatting in the kernel

I've implemented a set of functions for performing safe string
formatting in the kernel, based on an initial idea (and design) by
Poul-Henning. There's a patch up on freefall:

    http://people.freebsd.org/~des/software/sbuf-20001211.diff

The current implementation is not complete (I plan to add support for
automatically growing sbufs instead of failing when they fill up) but
it's functional enough for most of the uses PHK and I have for it now.

The code has already been reviewed by a number of people, so unless
there are major objections I'll commit it some time later this week.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org