Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:03:35 -0500
From:      "Gary Hartl" <ghartl@gmail.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD Questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Update a package

So am I to understand the package tree is considered part of the ports, i've
fetching the packages from
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/sparc64/packages-6-stable/All/

I don't have a local ports tree, since i'm tight on space ( only 20gig HDD
).

Can ports be fetched remotely?

Thanks

Gary

from /usr/ports/UPDATE, you need to rebuild all ports...

AFFECTS: users of devel/gettext (i.e.: YOU)
AUTHOR: ade@FreeBSD.org

  As a result of the upgrade to gettext-0.17, the shared library version
  of libintl has changed, so you will need to rebuild all ports that
  depend on gettext:

        # portupgrade -rf gettext
        # portmaster -r gettext\*

  Given the scope and sheer number of dependent ports, it may be more
  advisable to simply blow away all existing install ports (after
  keeping any local configuration changes), and rebuilding from scratch.

good luck!!

TFC