Date:      Wed, 31 Aug 2011 18:20:40 +0400
From:      Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        wen heping <wenheping@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, acm@freebsd.org, perryh@pluto.rain.com, cwhiteh@onetel.com
Subject:   Re: editors/zim

wen heping wrote on 31.08.2011 18:00:
> 2011/8/31 Ruslan Mahmatkhanov<cvs-src@yandex.ru>:
>> perryh@pluto.rain.com wrote on 31.08.2011 09:29:
>>>
>>> Forwarding to ports@, which seems more likely to yield an answer to
>>> this particular inquiry than questions@
>>>
>>> Please keep the OP, who is probably not subscribed to ports@, in the
>>> Cc: list.
>>>
>>> ====================================================================
>>>
>>> Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 13:52:12 +0100
>>> From: Chris Whitehouse<cwhiteh@onetel.com>
>>> To: User Questions<freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
>>> Subject: editors/zim
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a problem with Zim which I wrote to the author about he
>>> replied and said;
>>>
>>> "I'm afraid version 0.29 is no longer supported. This was the last
>>> version in the Perl branch, since we moved to Python there have been
>>> already 10 more releases. So please try the latest version (0.52)."
>>>
>>> Are there any plans to bump it to Python and a recent release?
>>> I emailed the maintainer a while back but got no response.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> Chris
>>
>> Here is:
>>
>> a) diff to a previous port:
>>    http://happy-nation.by.ru/ports/zim-0.52.diff.txt
>> b) updated port tarball:
>>    http://happy-nation.by.ru/ports/zim-0.52.tgz.txt
>
> Great work!
>
> It build well on my tb:
> http://wen.freebsd.your.org/tb/index.php?action=describe_port&id=1635
>
> wen

Thanks for that.

"""
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for zim-0.52
   I can't seem to find a patch in there anywhere.
===>   Ignoring patchfile /a/ports/editors/zim/files/patch-Build.PL.orig
"""

It seems you forget to remove files/ subdirectory (or patch -p0)

"""No handlers could be found for logger "zim.fs""""

This can be avoided too, but i it will be hacky and i actually don't
this it worth too.