Date:      Fri, 03 Sep 1999 18:14:33 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Andrew Whitcroft <n9kws@execpc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Need Installation Help...

> installation process. I am trying to install FreeBSD on a IBM PC Server 325.
> However, as near as I can determine the Adaptec AIC 7880 SCCI card and the
> AMD/PCI network interface is giving me fits.
>
> After looking at the FAQ, and other documentation, it appears that the source
> of my problems are being caused by lack of support fo these devices in the
> generic install kernel.

No; both of these devices are supported in any recent version of
FreeBSD.  The AMD network adapter is known to be troublesome, but there
are many people running FreeBSD just fine on the 325.

Which version of FreeBSD are you trying to install?  What problems are
you experiencing?

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org