Date:      Tue, 05 Jun 2012 13:57:05 -0400
From:      Michael Spratt <mike@magicislandtechnologies.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Cc:        Daniel Hartmeier <daniel@benzedrine.cx>
Subject:   Re: kern/168190: pfil hook leaving ip_len in wrong byte order	(ipfw?)

Dear respected sir/s,

How can I mangle all forwarded packets on freebsd/pf/ipfw/ stamping them
with a hard set MSS like 512,  I need to clamp my mss on the freebsd
forwarder/router because of gre tunnels breaking MTUPD for extranet
clients, and some sites like yahoo/hotmail will often not work.

What function in freebsd/pf/ipfw will allow me to tag all my
packets/connections with MSS=512 as I foward them or as they come in or
out of an interface.  That would be cool if the OS offered a sysctl
overide.

Linux iptables equivilent of
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS
--clamp-mss-to-pmtu
or
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS --set-mss 512